Can you help to make this a great day for the Children of Bejuco?
How you can help:
1) Volunteer for the day
2) Make a dish for lunch or bake some treats
3) Donate funds so each child can receive a Christmas present. $10 will sponsor one gift for one child. We can even accept PayPal if you are outside of Costa Rica!
Party Plans: Shannon and Dave Playfair along with Cheryl Tyson are planning a party for the Bejuco School children to celebrate the last day of school and Christmas.
Date: Dec 11
Where: The Costa del Sol community rancho and pools
What: Swimming, activities, lunch, snacks, piñata and Christmas presents for the kids
Volunteers Needed: We have arranged to have two of the Bejuco lifeguards present to watch the kids in the pools but we are also looking for volunteers to help some of the kids who can't swim and to plan activities (tennis game, soccer game, art project, etc...). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer. We will need a list of volunteers ahead of time so we can assign each person an activity.
List of volunteers:
Julie and Mike Textor
Rodger Heaton and Jeff Janssen
David Marquet and Brandy Wright
Food and Treats Needed: We will also be arranging lunch and snacks for the kids. If you would like to drop off a dish or treat for the party please let us know ahead of time what you are bringing (email: email@example.com). We will also list the items here (below) so we can have a variety of different items:
List of food planned:
- Hotdogs, Hotdog buns, condiments, Piñata with candy and toys (Shannon Playfair, Dave Playfair and Cheryl T)
- Cookies (Billie-Jo Wall)
- Brandy Wright (Tuna pasta salad)
- Gabriela and David Shea (Hotdogs)
Christmas Presents Needed Last year an amazing woman, Cheryl Barboza Portuguez, from San Jose and her mother donated gifts for each child in the Bejuco School. This was an incredible gift and the children were overjoyed with their new toys. We would like to do the same this year and are asking for a small donation of $10 which will allow us to buy one toy for one child. There are about 50 children in the Bejuco School so we hope to reach our goal of $500. We plan to buy the gifts in San Jose the weekend of December 7th.
Please ask us how you can send your donation through Paypal!
Many thanks to those people who have donated already!
- Kerry Corrigall (BC, Canada)
- Norm and Tannis Sapriken (Alberta, Canada)
- Ashley Denisoff (BC, Canada)
- Mike and Julie Textor (Bejuco, Costa Rica)
- Sara and Kerry Monteleone (Herradura, Costa Rica)
- Diana and Michael Spaargaren (Chicago, USA)
- Debbie Carnohan (Pelicanos Hotel, Esterillos Este, Costa Rica)
- Robin, Michelle, Evan and Lauryn Schmidt (BC, Canada)
- Diane and Rob Carty (Florida, USA)
- Bob Bezubiak and Karen Davidson (BC, Canada)
- Lisa Huang and Blaine Mah (Alberta, Canada)
- Tanya Adie (Alberta, Canada)
- Rodger Heaton and Jeff Janssen (Minnesota, USA)
- George and Barbara Rosenthal (New Jersey, USA)
- Crystal Anielewicz (BC, Canada)
- David Marquet and Brandy Wright (BC, Canada)
- Gabriela and David Shea (Bejuco, Costa Rica)
- Greg and Arlene Wootten (Bejuco, Costa Rica)
- The community of Jardines del Pacifico
- Billie-Jo and Trevor Wall (Bejuco, Costa Rica)
- Jan Porter (Bejuco, Costa Rica)
- Diego and Char Casareal (Bejuco, Costa Rica)
- Judy and Jim Crossland (Bejuco, Costa Rica)
- Felix Veloso (Bejuco, Costa Rica)
- Cheryl and Bryan T (Bejuco, Costa Rica)
- Dave and Shannon Playfair (Bejuco, Costa Rica)